Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mission Impossible 4 Review

I went to see Mission Impossible 4 on Monday, and I really enjoyed it.  The acting was excellent, and I liked the fact the movie concentrated on the team itself.  I am glad that this film finally realized that there is no "Tom" in TEAM! (Cyrus, Spill.com)  This film did not focus on what a hero Ethan Hunt is, but it showed how strong and dedicated the team was in this film.

The IMF team is blamed for the bombing at the Kremlin, and they are disavowed by the U.S. government.  They have to figure out who framed them, and they have to stop a nuclear war from breaking out.

Well, what are the good things? Of course, I have to mention the fact that the team is the main focus in the film.  This team is great. We have the stereotypical computer nerd, the hot, tough chick, the leader, and a agent with a dark past.  I thought that it would not work, but it does.  There are the many funny moments in the film.  I loved the part when Tom Cruise and Simon Pegg are trying to hide behind a computer generated hologram and Pegg's head gets in the way of the camera.  SO FUNNY!  The comedy in between the suspense worked very well. I really loved that they had a car chase in a sandstorm.  That was AWESOME! The drama in the movie made the impossible seem possible.  The scene where Tom Cruise is hanging on the building was filled with so much suspense, it seemed so real, and it engulfed the audience.  

Well, what are the bad things?  It was difficult to tell who the villain was.  First, it's a French assassin, then it's a Russian brute, and then it's a Russian government official.  Some of the scenes did feel rushed at times. I did not like the beginning credits.  They felt out of place.  In my opinion, they should have been placed at the end of the film.  They included scenes from the entire film, and I thought that some of scenes in the beginning credits could have spoiled the film for some people.  

I won't give away the end.  NO SPOILERS HERE!  :)

Other than those few complaints, the film was very entertaining.  I loved every single moment.  That is what a movie should be.  It can have fights and big budget special effects, but the film must be entertaining at the same time.  And this film does it very well.  I will definitely buy this film on DVD when it comes out.  I definitely suggest that people go see this movie.  It gets an "A-" from me.  GO SEE IT.

Whether the movie is good or bad, I'm the Movie Rant Reviewer.  I rant about it, because no one else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment