Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Blood+ Blog Introduction

          I am just fascinated with the anime, "Blood+."  The story centers about the main character Saya, who appears to be a sixteen year old girl living in Japan.  However, we all know that it can't just be that simple (especially in an anime).  One evening, she discovers her teacher at school half-eaten by a horrible monster.  This monster and many others in the series are known as chiropterans.  She is rescued by a mysterious man that we come to know as Hagi.

         As the series progresses, we learn that Saya is a chiropteran as well.  Actually, she is a chiropteran queen (a pureblood chiropteran).  She is the only one who's blood can kill (or in this case crystallize) other chiropterans.  The main villain of the story is actually her twin sister, Diva, who was locked up in a tower for many years while the girls until Saya unknowingly set her free. Due to her isolation, Diva grew up to become a sociopathic and psychotic individual whose sole purpose is to create chaos.   As the show progresses, Saya becomes extremely determined in killing Diva and stopping any chiropteran that gets in her way.




If you want an in-depth summary of the show, I suggest that you either watch it (which I highly recommend) or read the Blood+ Wikia (if you don't have time to watch even though you really should).  I am here to discuss what aspects of the show that I like, dislike, or just confused about. No show is perfect!  Even though I really love this show, there are some things that I have to question or even complain about.  This blog posts and the other ones that I will write over the weekend are for those of you who have seen the show and want to indulge yourself in anything that is related to "Blood+."  WARNING: There will be spoilers here!

Tomorrow's Blog  (which I will probably write at midnight anyway) - What I Like About "Blood+."  Sunday, I will discuss what aspects of the show that are indeed questionnable.  I am very curious to see how this all goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment