Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Deviant Art and Life Message

Hey Guys,

I just signed up with Deviant Art.  I am very excited, because I uploaded two pictures that I drew a couple of months ago.  I still not sure what kind of things will draw, but I think that it will be a little bit of everything.

This weekend, I think that I'll finally get my things together and do a voice over review of Ratatoing this weekend.  I already have a script, and I would just have to alter the video parts to voice over.  I really liked doing the Top 5 Princess review, and I think that I will do one every couple of months.

A lot of my friends from school have been asking me why I decided to do these video reviews.  I would like to say that like most internet reviewer I was inspired by the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic.  I really liked that they came up with so many creative ideas on their reviews, and they spark this revolution of internet reviewing.  I remember during my junior year in high school I came across another internet reviewer called the Nostalgic Nutcase (currently known as the Cinematic Nutcase), and I saw how well he did his reviews.  He didn't need green screen effects.  All he had were good observations of the film, a good script for the review, and a very charismatic personality.   I really was inspired by him and others like him.  I enjoy analyzing films, and I like to see if I can say something about films that no one has done.

While thinking about a "Top 5" list, I couldn't think of something that was not done already.  Everyone has done a "Top #" list of TV shows, Disney movies, worst Disney Sequels, Disney Princesses, etc.  I finally just came up with an idea to do the "Top 5 Disney and Non-Disney Princess Who Deserve an 'I want more' song."  The point that I am trying to make is that, I enjoyed the process of trying to figure out what I wanted to review.  It's such an accelerating process that really challenges your mind.  I love it!

I know it's weird that I am doing this.  I am majoring in Animal Sciences and French.  In no way are these majors even related to film.  But you know what, I enjoy doing it.  That's the message I want to get out there.  All you people in high school, I hope that you know that it's better to do something you enjoy that's weird, than torturing yourself by not doing anything just to be cool.  Even if you are an adult, you can still follow this message.  Do what you like to do (that's not illegal).  I am glad that I had this attitude in high school (and I have it now).

I am weird, and I am proud to say that.  Do what you like to do!!!  Don't stop doing it because someone says it's weird or stupid.  I love going to comic book store.  I just bought the two "Charmed" comics that came out (I totally suggest that you guys check it out).  I also bought a copy of "Kiki's Delivery Service" (I love Hayao Miyazaki).  I am just saying be yourself, and in the end you will be very happy.  High school is just a phase in your life, and when you get to college you won't remember any of those people you hated.  Trust me.

ENJOY LIFE!!

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment