Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2



For this blog, I am giving a brief review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  This is a superb movie.  I went with a couple of friends to the University of Wisconsin - Madison movie theater.  The film was completely free.  The audience was amazing too.  I actually saw people with tissue boxes in their laps.

Anyways, the film starts off with Voldemort getting the Elder Wand.  Harry, Ron, and Hermoine, after escapping the clutches of Bellatrix Lestrange, go off the Gringotts and Hogwarts to find the remaining horocruxes.  I won't spoil the movie for those who have not seen it yet.  I usually rant about movies that are bad or have already come out on DVD.   This movie is great, but I do have some complaints.

But first, I feel that Neville finally gets his time to shine, and Molly Weasley kicks ass in this film.  Harry's connection to Voldermort is finally revealed in great detail.  Alan Rickman does an amazing job in his role as Severus Snape.  

However, I do feel that there were so awkward moments in the film, and Voldemort was sometimes very goofy in some of the scenes.  I am not a huge fan of Harry's and Ginny's relationship.  But all in all, the film was great, and I am glad that they added some awkward moments in there so that the audience can have a break from the depressing tone of the film.  This film gets a "A-" from me.  I still have to make a grading system for my video reviews.  Don't worry that "Little Mermaid 2" review is on its way.  My theme song will probably be "Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News.  I love that song.  Go buy this film on DVD when it hits stores on November 11, 2011!

(11/11/2011) 

Pictures are from when I went to the Harry Potter amusement park at Universal Studios Orlando.  It kicked ass!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment